The Flight Head XL & XXL are based on the same design geometry as the Flight Head VII. They are bigger brother version designed to carry today’s large 3D rigs from such as Pace, Quasar, Tango or Array Systems
- The Flight Head XL (FHXL) provides a 3 axis stabilization
- True Gyro Horizon
- The FHXL is operated via joystick or hand wheels.
- Noteable Jobs: Planet of the Apex, TS Spivet, Resident Evil, Triple X
NOTE: WITH THE RUSSIAN ARM WE RECOMEND JOYSTICK CONTROL FOR PERFORMANCE AND SAFETY REASONS
Besides its specific role with the Russian Arm the Flight Head XL is the perfect head for: Super Techno Cranes, Shock Absorber, Camera Cars, Chase Cars, Boats, Remote Dollies.
- Flight Head XL & XXL Specs
- 3 Axis Gyro-Stabilized.
- Back-pan compensation.
- Long Range RF Wireless capability.
- Digital Auto Horizon always keeps camera level even in hi G turns.
- Joystick or Wheels controls
- Zoom and Focus on Joystick control for Broadcast Cameras.
- Payload capacity up to 90 kg/ 200 lbs.
- Wide range of 3D rigs: Pace, Quasar, Tango, Camera Arrays
- Total Head weight with Pace 3D Rig & Alexa Ms: 100 kg/ 220 lbs. Ok for 50’ Techno Crane.
- Pan axis travels through 360° with back-pan compensation.
- Roll axis travels through 270° with auto horizon.
*** NOTE: NO FULL 360° ROTATIONON ROLL AXIS ***
- Tilt Axis travels through 200°.
- Pan Speed, Roll Speed, Tilt Speed 160 °/sec.
- Preston FIZ plugs into head console to give Zoom control on the left joy stick.
- FHXL Weight only 32 kg.
- FHXXL Weight only 38 kg.
- Temperature range from -40 °C up to +40 °С.
- Mounts to standard Mitchell base.
- Set-up time: 30 mins (approx)
- 24-30 VDC *** SUPPLIED BY FILMOTECHNIC ***
- 2 Amps Standby
- 15 Amps Din. Max.
- Internal Width: (for cam body & mag) 36cm
- Internal Length: (from centre of tilt to rear roll claw) 55cm
- Internal Height: 76cm
- External Width: 61cm (2ft)
- External Depth: 91cm (3ft)
- External Height: 122cm (4ft)