Magic Box is a control unit that allows to adjust may of the Flight Head Options and can also act as a vibro box, mimic or pan bar.
- The Vibra Box (VB) contains similar gyros the Flight Head and U-CRANE employ.
- Allows camera to be stabilized while introducing artificial shake of the frame.
- The degree of shake is adjustable.
- VB is perfect for shooting dynamic chase scenes where the perfectly smooth car commercial look is undesirable.
- Attached to a fluid head the VB also acts as a pan bar with pan and tilt.
- Attached to a helmet the VB becomes a POV Simulator moving the camera as the operator’s head moves.
Modes of Operation
- Mode 1 moves the camera according to vehicles movement on road.
- Attached to vehicle, VB gyros will translate all detected movement into camera movement.
- Mode 2 creates frame vibration to add dynamics to the shot.
- Frequency Generators create artificial frame vibration along a variable amplitude frequency range.
- Pan Bar Operation
- Mimic – for simulating hand held feel
- Control of the basic Flight Head Features such as speed, dampening, horizon offset, etc.
Both Modes can work simultaneously and are fully adjustable on the fly.