The Flight Head XL & XXL are based on the same design geometry as the Flight Head V. They are bigger brother version designed to carry today’s large 3D rigs from Pace, Quasar, Tango.
- The Flight Head XL (FHXL) provides complete control of the camera and lens functions.
- The FHXL is operated via joystick or hand wheels.
NOTE: WITH THE RUSSIAN ARM WE RECOMEND JOYSTICK CONTROL FOR PERFORMANCE AND SAFETY REASONS
Besides its specific role with the Russian Arm the Flight Head XL is the perfect head for: Super Techno Cranes, Shock Absorber, Camera Cars, Chase Cars, Boats, Remote Dollies.
- Flight Head XL & XXL Specs
- 3 Axis Gyro-Stabilized.
- Back-pan compensation.
- Rotary Oil Damper Leveling System.
- Long Range RF Wireless capability.
- Digital Auto Horizon always keeps camera level even in hi G turns.
- Joystick or Wheels controls (Joystick only on the Russian Arm).
- Zoom and Focus on Joystick control for Broadcast Cameras.
- Payload capacity up to 80 kg/ 180 lbs.
- Wide range of 3D rigs: Pace, Quasar, Tango
- Total Head weight with Pace 3D Rig & Alexa Ms: 100 kg/ 220 lbs. Ok for 50’ Techno Crane.
- Pan axis travels through 360° with back-pan compensation.
- Roll axis travels through 270° with auto horizon.
*** NOTE: NO FULL 360° ROTATIONON ROLL AXIS ***
- Tilt Axis travels through 200°.
- Pan Speed, Roll Speed, Tilt Speed 160 °/sec.
- Preston FIZ plugs into head console to give Zoom control on the left joy stick.
- FHXL Weight only 32 kg.
- FHXXL Weight only 38 kg.
- Temperature range from -40 °C up to +40 °С.
- Mounts to standard Mitchell base.
- Set-up time: 30 mins (approx)
- Power Requirements
24-30 VDC *** SUPPLIED BY FILMOTECHNIC ***
- 2 Amps Standby
- 15 Amps Din. Max.
- Dimensions FHXL
- Internal Width: (for cam body & mag) 36cm
- Internal Length: (from centre of tilt to rear roll claw) 55cm
- Internal Height: 76cm
- External Width: 61cm (2ft)
- External Depth: 91cm (3ft)
- External Height: 122cm (4ft)